A few words and a little bit of background….
This year I celebrate twenty seven years as a professional photographer. I’ve been taking photographs since my dad gave me my first camera (an Agfa Silette) when I was five.
I’m married to Janet, also a keen photographer. We love to travel, meet new people and socialise with our friends. We also love to sail yachts whenever we get the chance.
As a pro photographer, writer and workshop trainer my specialities are flowers, gardens, people and fine art. I first started out as a freelance and I’ve been published in newspapers, books and magazines including the Daily Telegraph, Photography Yearbook, British Journal of Photography, Junior Education, Nursery World and many others. I’ve also picked up a few photographic awards along the way, including :
- Millenium UK Baby Photographer of the Year
- 4 Master Photographer National Awards of Excellence
- Finalist in the Fuji Wedding and Portrait Awards 1998
- Regional MPA winner in Pictorial, Portrait, Under 5s, Creative Wedding and Press and PR
- Commended, International Garden Photographer of the Year (IGPOTY) 2011
- Highly Commended IGPOTY 2012
I’m a regular speaker and trainer for some of the major UK Photography Organisations, including :
- For the SWPP International Convention in London 2008-2012
- In Malta for the Maltese Institute of Professional Photographers 2009
- Masterclass Speaker at Photo Training Overseas in Taba, Egypt, 2009
- Yorkshire Region Master Photographers Association Jan 2011
I’m also available to speak and judge for amateur photography clubs and societies. Please contact me on the numbers below if you’re interested in talks on garden photography, documentary portraiture or photography in general.
This website is the home for my personal photography, weekly (ish) blog ramblings and portfolios. Photography workshop information has now moved across to www.art-inthegarden.co.uk. Thanks for visiting.
Studio : 0161 428 6749
Mobile : 07800 847729